The Pioneer Post

The Pioneer Post is a resource for online students that provides tips and information about distance education.


Friday, May 14, 2010

By Travis Courtney

As the need for online education moves toward the norm, rather than the exception, we continue to serve an increasing number of international students. While all UWP distance education students ultimately have opportunity to take courses together, regardless of physical location or background, the process of admission to a degree program may be slightly different if you. International students:
  • Have permanent residence outside the United States
  • Are not a US citizen or were born in a country other than the US
  • Have high school or post-secondary academic records from an institution outside the US
  • Do not consider English your official native language
You may be required to submit the following information in addition to standard application materials:
  • Official academic records (called transcripts in the US)
  • A Catalog Match evaluation performed by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) for any post-secondary transcripts you submit
  • Official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL® Test)
  • One form of US residency documentation (visa, passport, permanent residency card, etc.) if you were born outside of the US, but now hold citizenship
Because it can take longer than you might expect to acquire some of these materials, you should begin the application process well before your desired start date. For more information, see the admission information for your program below or call the Distance Learning Center at 800.362.5460.

BS in Business Administration
BS in Criminal Justice
MS in Criminal Justice
MS in Engineering
MS in Project Management



Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Online Courses Login


Log in to your online advising resources to access grade reports.

Degree Plan

Log in to your online advising resources to access your degree plan.