The Pioneer Post

The Pioneer Post is a resource for online students that provides tips and information about distance education.

 

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

By Jen Taborski, student in the Master's of Criminal Justice Program

Only three weeks until the semester is over. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! (Well, until January, that is.) Bring on that last semester! Graduation here I come. YAY! But, I am getting ahead of myself, because within these next three weeks, I must write a 15-page paper, complete 9 research labs, and take a final exam. If that wasn't enough, I am still expected to show up at work for 40 hours a week and then come home to tend to my children, husband, and house.

Life gets extremely crazy and stressful at times. Sleep is a precious commodity these days; however, I would not have it any other way. Earning my master's degree is important to me. UW-Platteville has allowed me to work toward my degree at my own pace instead of needing to worry about getting to class on time on pre-determined days of the week. The online Criminal Justice Program allows me to complete my course work on my schedule, as well as meet my other obligations in everyday life. The flexibility that the program offers was a great selling point for me -- not to mention that I was already a UWP alumni, having earned my undergraduate degree there. My experience has been very positive. The professors have been first class all the way, and the coursework has been relevant toward my current profession as a probation officer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Online Courses Login



Grades

Log in to your online advising resources to access grade reports.



Degree Plan

Log in to your online advising resources to access your degree plan.