The Pioneer Post

The Pioneer Post is a resource for online students that provides tips and information about distance education.

 

Monday, March 19, 2007

A Week in the Life of a Distance Learner - Part 3
By Ken Wiegman


It is surprising how fast time can go by. You find yourself eight weeks into the semester and begin to see a light at the end of the tunnel. After each week, you feel satisfaction from the last paper or group project you completed; however, you have an end-of-term research paper deadline that is rapidly approaching along with the end of the semester. Although you have all this to do -- and there are still more readings, discussions, and short assignments -- you still need to take a break. I like to spend some time with the family, or watch some TV, which was one of my favorite past-times before working on the degree. It is just nice to let it all go for a while and relax.

Before you know it, the semester is over, and after the first week of being done, you sit back and wonder how you got it all done! For me, this has continued for almost two years now. At the end of this semester, it will be over for me: Graduation, the final objective in achieving my Master's degree! I have already began thinking about all the things I will do with my time when it is over: mowing, laundry, dishes, cleaning up after the children, cleaning out the garage.

Maybe I should think about getting a Ph.D.?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Online Courses Login



Grades

Log in to your online advising resources to access grade reports.



Degree Plan

Log in to your online advising resources to access your degree plan.